1. Work in a day job that you hate so much it motivates you to do more, faster and better, so you can get the hell out.
2. People watch in public spaces such as parks, trains, malls, or just walking down the sidewalk. Most people are even more strange and awkward then most minds can even imagine.
3. Get into passionate arguments with everyone you know, eventually pushing them all away, so that you can find the center to your own personal misery, and draw from its pain.
4. Pretend you are a mad scientist, and begin to experiment with everything and everyone, and eventually something creative will come out of it.
5. Go POOP, for some random and strange reason, I get many light bulb popping ideas flashing into my brain as I drop the kids off in the pool.